[10/26/12: This test is now out of Beta, so you can order it here.]
- What is AncestryDNA™?
AncestryDNA™ is a new DNA product from Ancestry.com that revolutionizes the use of DNA with family history. This test combines advanced DNA technology with the world’s largest online family history resource to provide genetic ethnicity and help discover new family connections.
- When can I get the new test?
The new AncestryDNA™ test will be available on Ancestry.com in the coming months. If you are interested in the new DNA test, provide your email address at www.dna.ancestry.com and we’ll notify you when the new test is available.
- I live outside the U.S., when can I get the new test?
Ancestry.com is currently launching the new AncestryDNA™ test to the U.S. market. We hope to make it available to markets outside the U.S. in the near future; however, we do not have a date for this yet.
- Why would I want to take this new test?
- This new test utilizes some of the latest science & technology in DNA testing for family history.
- Both males and females can take this test.
- Your results include genetic ethnicity information, along with matching you to others who have also taken the test and are related to you.
- It tests over 700,000 markers as opposed to the 33/46 tested with the Y-DNA test.
- The online experience has been updated to better view your results.