With three presentations last week and a number more coming up in the next few weeks, I am fortunate to have many opportunities to educate genealogists on my favorite subject, DNA. Here is what is coming up on my schedule:
- This weekend, I am presenting at the OCCGS Genealogy BASH in Huntington Beach. This event is a celebration of the 50 year anniversary of the Orange County Genealogy Society held on Saturday, March 2nd from 8:00am - 3:30pm. I am joining seven other favorite Southern California speakers: Barbara Renick, Jean Wilcox Hibben, Norma Keating, Gina Philibert-Ortega, Randy Seaver, Linda Serna, Dawn Thurston and will be giving two talks on genetic genealogy in the afternoon. The event will be held at the Huntington Beach Central Library, 7111 Talbert Avenue, Huntington Beach, CA 92648.
- Next weekend, I will be speaking at Discover Your Roots XI: 11th Annual African American Family History Conference in Los Angeles. This is an all day event on Saturday, March 9th from 9:00am - 4:00pm to be held at the LDS Historical Chapel, 1209 South Manhattan Place, Los Angeles, CA 90019. I am joining 21 speakers at this event and will be giving a beginning genetic genealogy presentation in the afternoon.
- On March 22nd and 23rd, I will be presenting two sessions at RootTech in Salt Lake City. "The Genographic Project 2.0" will be on Friday and the "Ask the Experts: Genetic Genealogy Panel" will be held on Saturday morning.
- On March 30th, I will be teaching an all day genetic genealogy workshop for the Chula Vista Genealogical Society. This is their Spring Seminar and will be held from 9:00am- 3:00pm at the Chula Vista Golf Course, 4475 Bonita Rd, Bonita CA 91902. This workshop will give attendees a good foundation for applying their DNA testing results to their genealogy research. The fee to CVGS members is only $35, $40 to non-members and late registrants after March 22 and includes a catered lunch. You can register here. There will also be copies of Richard Hills' terrific book Finding Family: My Search for Roots and the Secrets in My DNA available for purchase. The Chula Vista La Quinta Inn has a block of rooms reserved for only $80 for the seminar (mention CVGS). Reserve by March 4th to get the discount.
- On April 20th, I will be speaking about beginning genetic genealogy at the Ventura County Genealogy Society at 1:00pm. This will be part of their monthly program series and will be held at the LDS Church, 3501 Loma Vista Rd, Ventura, CA 93003.
- On May 17th, I will be speaking at the San Diego Chapter of the DAR monthly meeting at 11:00am. The meeting will be held at the Admiral Baker Golf Course, located at 2400 Admiral Baker Rd, San Diego, CA 92120.
- On June 6th, I will be giving an intermediate level presentation on Autosomal DNA for Genealogy at the Family History and DNA: Genetic Genealogy in 2013 conference. I will be joined by many of the most respected speakers in the field.
- I will be involved in three presentations at the SCGS Genealogy Jamboree on June 7th and 8th, On Friday, I will be participating in the "Genetic Genealogy: Ask the Experts" panel and on Saturday I will be presenting "Using DNA Testing to Discover the Genealogical Roots of Adoptees" and participating in the Blogger Summit panel with Thomas MacEntee.
Whew...it is going to be a very hectic couple of months! I look forward to meeting many of you while I am busily spreading the news about the fascinating and increasingly exciting world of genetic genealogy!