Transfer options are:
|FTDNA Kit Import (V2)||$50+$109 = $159||Yes||Retest|
|FTDNA Kit Import (V3)||$50||Yes||Database Import|
|New Customer Transfer (V2)||$50+$109 = $159||Yes||Retest|
|New Customer Transfer (V3)||$50||Yes||Database Import|
Results will be available in only one to two weeks after the v3 transfer is completed. For the discounted retest applicable to those with v2 files, the results will be available from two to five weeks after the sample is received.
This offer is applicable to all who have tested on the Illumina OmniExpress Plus Genotyping BeadChip that both FTDNA and 23andMe currently use for their autosomal tests. At this time, there are no other tests from additional companies that would fall under this description, such as deCodeMe.
The transfer customers will receive a standard FTDNA personal page and will be matched with already existing Family Finder customers. They will receive email notifications when new matches are loaded into their account. This offer also includes a biogeographical ancestry analysis.
From FTDNA's product description:
Results file with less than 700,000 SNPs (i.e. 23andMe's V2):
- Is NOT compatible with our Family Finder product. In order to verify the compatibility, you will have to upload your file into our system. Please read our refund policy here, before you proceed and find your record incompatible. (Note from YGG- Files found to be incompatible because they are v2 files, will be refunded $40 of the $50 fee. This is easily avoidable by checking to make sure you know which version you were tested on at 23andMe before uploading.)
- Includes a one-time use coupon code to purchase our Family Finder product for an additional $109 plus shipping.
- Is compatible with our Family Finder product.
- Includes matches related within about the last 5 generations and predicted relationship ranges.
- Provides percentages of your ancestral make-up (Native-American, Middle Eastern (including Jewish), African, West and East European).
- Recommended for genealogists.
- Great for confirming close relationships regardless of gender.
- Please note, uploaded files are batch processed once a week. You will be notified by e-mail when your file has been processed.
This is great news for the genetic genealogy community and especially for adoptees! Under this fantastic offer, I strongly encourage all to be in both databases.
*Update - Remember to unzip your file and upload it as a .txt file not a .zip file!
**INTRODUCTORY OFFER ENDS FEBRUARY 10, 2012**
[Disclosure - my company StudioINTV has an existing production agreement with FTDNA that has no bearing on the opinions I express. I also receive a small commission from FTDNA on non-sale orders through my affiliate link, which I use to fund DNA tests. I am currently serving in a volunteer advisory position for 23andMe, for which I may receive a small number of 23andMe kits for my DNA research. Any opinions that I express here on my blog are my own and do not reflect those of management at either company. I receive no other compensation in relation to any of the companies or products referenced in my blog.]